Registration for 2019 is now open! Join the fastest growing team in Colorado.
Welcome to the pedal RACING team! If you are committed to racing and training with a team we suggest joining the RACING team. Check out the benefits and requirements to decide if being a member of the RACING team is for you.
RACING team benefits
Check out these great pedal RACING benefits.
- Teammates to train and race with, camaraderie and friendship
- Racing and general cycling clinics
- Discounts from team sponsors on equipment, nutrition, and more
- Reimbursement of membership dues after completion of 3 races in a season (OR discounted membership renewal).
- Volunteer opportunities
- Discount opportunities at pedal Bicycle Shop
- Social events and celebrations
- Opportunity to purchase “pedal RACING” branded cycling gear from the Pactimo Team Store.
RACING team requirements
While the RACING team is designed with fewer requirements than many other race teams, we do have minimal requirements to ensure commitment, professionalism, and safety. The requirements are fairly simple and include a minimum number of races, volunteer hours and participation in sponsored rides (details below).
- Members are expected to conduct themselves in a safe, lawful, and conscientious manner while training or racing, and to be a positive reflection of pedal Bicycle Shop and all sponsors.
- When riding in the team kit and on a bike trail, you have additional responsibility. If passing other cyclists, runners and pedestrians you must:
- Slow down
- Politely announce you are passing
- Provide as much room as possible and remember that recreational riders and pedestrians perceive needing much more room than you do
- Stay to the right of the center line at all times and especially well before approaching oncoming traffic. The only exception is if you are safely passing.
- Make up for less courteous cyclists by being extra polite
- Any complaints to a sponsor may result in immediate expulsion
- Members are expected to participate actively within the team in order to contribute to pedal RACING’s mission and goals by supporting and participating in team events, volunteering, training, and racing.
- Every pedal RACING member is required to sign up for and race in a minimum of three (3) races in the current season to maintain team membership. A RACE EVENT is categorized as any organized bicycle event that has published results.
- Every pedal RACING member is required to participate in three (3) volunteer hours toward our team goal of enriching the local bicycling community. These hours may be completed by volunteering for a pedal RACING sponsored race (ie the Littleton Criterium), volunteering with Lucky Bikes or Trips for Kids. Other volunteer opportunities may be accepted with prior board approval.
- Every pedal RACING member is required to assist with at least one (1) of the planned community group rides held in conjunction with our title sponsor, pedal of Littleton. There will be at least one “event ride” held in the months of May, June, July and August.
- The 2019 pedal RACING membership fee is $150 for new members. Once a member has met the requirements above, in the current season, he/she may seek a refund of $115 from the Treasurer. OR you can choose to have your reimbursement applied to the membership dues for next season (making renewal only $35 if you meet the minimum race requirements and volunteer hours)
- If a pedal RACING member wishes to race outside of his/her primary discipline he/she is encouraged to notify the appropriate Team Leader (Road, MTB, or CX) before the first race in that discipline, so they can be included in team tactics.
- Members must purchase and wear the current season’s pedal RACING kit during races and at least a pedal RACING jersey at organized outdoor team training rides.
- RACING Team Members must purchase a USA cycling and BRAC license (MTB-only racers excepted) and list “pedal RACING“ as primary team/club on their license and race entry forms.
- While a member of “pedal RACING” you will not race for another team during the race calendar year, without team management permission.
The team reserves the right to buy back the current year’s team jerseys or kits, for the original price you paid, and remove you from the team for violation of any of these terms.
If you’d like to join the RACING team, click here.