Registration for 2018 is now open! Join the fastest growing team in Colorado.
Welcome to the pedal RACING team! If you are committed to racing and training with a team we suggest joining the RACING team. Check out the benefits and requirements to decide if being a member of the RACING team is for you.
RACING team benefits
Check out these great pedal RACING benefits.
- Teammates to train and race with, camaraderie, friendship
- Racing and general cycling clinics
- Priority access to organized, coached, indoor winter training program
- Discounts from team sponsors on equipment, coaching, and more
- Reimbursement of membership dues after completion of 3 races in a season (OR discounted membership renewal).
- Volunteer opportunities
- Discount at pedal Bicycle Shop
- Social events and celebrations
- Opportunity to purchase “pedal RACING” branded cycling gear from the team store
RACING team requirements
While the RACING team is designed with fewer requirements than many other race teams, we do have minimal requirements to ensure commitment, professionalism, and safety.
- Members are expected to conduct themselves in a safe, lawful, and conscientious manner while training or racing, and to be a positive reflection of pedal Bicycle Shop and all sponsors.
- When riding in the team kit and on a bike trail, you have additional responsibility. If passing other cyclists, runners and pedestrians you must:
- Slow down
- Politely announce you are passing
- Provide as much room as possible and remember that recreational riders and pedestrians perceive needing much more room than you do
- Stay to the right of the center line at all times and especially well before approaching oncoming traffic. The only exception is if you are safely passing.
- Make up for less courteous cyclists by being extra polite
- Any complaints to a sponsor may result in immediate expulsion
- Members are expected to participate actively within the team in order to contribute to pedal RACING’s mission and goals by supporting and participating in team events, volunteering, training, and racing.
- Every pedal RACING member is required to sign up for and race in a minimum of three (3) races in their primary racing discipline in the current season to maintain team membership. (a race is categorized as any event that has published results)
- The 2018 pedal RACING membership fee is $150 for new members. Once a member has completed three (3) races in the current season he/she may seek a refund of $115 from the Treasurer. OR you can choose to have your reimbursement applied to the membership dues for next season (making renewal only $35 if you meet the minimum race requirement)
- If a pedal RACING member wishes to race outside of his/her primary discipline he/she is encouraged to notify the appropriate Team Leader (Road, MTB, or CX) before the first race in that discipline, so they can be included in team tactics.
- Members must purchase and wear the current season’s pedal RACING kit during races and at least a pedal RACING jersey at organized outdoor team training rides.
- RACING Team Members must purchase a USA cycling and BRAC license (MTB-only racers excepted) and list “pedal RACING“ as primary team/club on their license and race entry forms.
- While a member of “pedal RACING” you will not race for another team during the race calendar year, without team management permission.
The team reserves the right to buy back any and all team clothing items for the original price you paid for them for violation of any of these terms.
If you’d like to join the RACING team, click here.